We welcome you to join us!
PTA COMMITTEE AND ACTIVITY DESCRIPTIONS
- ACADEMIC DECATHLON (9th-12th): (All Year): Assist in coordinating Decathlon activities.
- ACADEMIC LETTER & AWARDS NIGHT (June): Coordinate a ceremony honoring the 11th & 12th grade students who have a GPA of 3.7 or higher and special recognition and award recipients.
- BACK-UP VOLUNTEERS (All Year): Willingness to be called in if/whenever needed.
- COLLEGE NIGHT (Oct): Provides hosts /hostesses at the NMUSD college night, 150 colleges & universities represented.
- COMMUNITY DONOR/eSCRIP COORDINATOR (All Year): Online interactions with merchants and publicize to CDM community on Community Donor and eScrip fundraising opportunities
- COMMUNITY SERVICE (Monthly): Assist in finding, publicizing & promoting volunteer activities & opportunities, & recording service hours.
- FACULTY/STAFF APPRECIATION (All Year): Provide faculty/staff with treats and recognition.
- FACULTY/STAFF LUNCHEON (Aug and June): Organize and provide the faculty & staff with a luncheon in August and another in June.
- FRONT OFFICE GREETERS (All Year): Assist as needed during peak periods to make phone calls, record keeping & data entries.
- GRAD NIGHT (June): Plan, organize & coordinate an all-night party for the graduating seniors that will follow graduation in June.
- HELPFUL SKILLS: Please enter any skills that you may like to offer.
- HOLIDAY PARTY (Dec): Help coordinate an afternoon holiday reception for administration, faculty, staff & PTA members.
- HOME TOUR (Oct): Assist with ticket sales, poster distribution, hosting in a home, transportation arrangement, Sherman Gardens, or publicity. Please click on this link to sign up at CDMHomeTour.com.
- HONORARY SERVICE AWARDS (Spring): Select members of PTA, school, and/or community who have shown outstanding service toward our youth and recognize them at the annual Honorary Service Awards meeting.
- INSTALLATION LUNCHEON (June): Coordinate a luncheon for the last PTA meeting & the installation of the new Executive Board.
- LIVING HISTORY FOR 10th GRADE STUDENTS (Mar): Organize a ceremony to honor local war veterans and coordinate a lunch for them with 10th grade students.
- MIDDLE SCHOOL TAILGATE (7th/8th): Coordinate & assist with event planning, decoration & food at parent/student events.
- PTA MEETING HOSPITALITY (All Year): Provide budgeted light refreshments for monthly PTA meetings, the first Wednesday of every month.
- REFLECTIONS ART CONTEST (Sep-Mar): Assist in promoting this PTA art competition, encouraging entries, organizing judging and prize distribution.
- PBIS (All Year): Assist in coordinating monthly lunches for students.
- SEA KING PRIDE LUNCHEON (May): Organize & present a lunch for students recognized by a teacher for exemplifying 1 or more of the following characteristics: citizenship, respect, dependability, enthusiasm, school spirit, cooperation, honesty, integrity & community service.
- SENIOR PROJECT JUDGING (12th Grade) (May): Assist in judging 12th graders’ senior project presentations.
- SENIOR SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS (Spring): Review application from graduating seniors for PTA scholarship.
- SPECIAL ED/RSP LIAISON (All Year): Act as liaison between the Special Ed/RSP departments and the PTA.
- VA HOSPITAL VISIT (7th/8th) (Dec.): Assist with the 7th/8th VA visit providing gifts, entertainment, and breakfast to hospitalized veterans.